Once you have decided to stop allowing your cat/s to sleep in the bed with you, you will have realised that this is not the easiest thing to to.
Herewith a few tips to help you make this process an easier one:
1. Never let the cat in the bedroom. Cats are all or nothing creatures. Keep the door closed.
2. A sudden change in 'keeping the cat out' can cause destructive behaviour because they view the room as their territory.
3. Try to give the #cat something to keep its mind occupied, eg nibbles and or toys. (be careful to not overfeed though)
4. Once you have 'taken away their sleeping space' remember that you have to provide them with an alternative like a cat condo or a cat bed.
5. A great place to put the 'new bed' is high up near a window with a light. This will attract all the nightbugs and keep your cats mind busy for hours.