Congratulations, as a NPO in South Africa, you are already 1 step closer to being approved for a whopping Free Advertising Grant by Google AdWords. This is great news for our Animal NPO's and we would like to share with you how it works.
We would like to urge every Animal NPO in South Africa to make use of a free advertising opportunity of $10 000(US) per month, with the Rand exchange rate currently (September 2015) running at about R12 to the Dollar, you are looking at an advertising campaign that could be giving you at least R120 000 worth of free advertising - per month? This is surely enough incentive to get you to put in the effort of applying for Google AdWords grant today. Apparently this is an ongoing initiative from Google, so the good news is that there is no deadline date for applications either. But hurry, the sooner you get your grant, the sooner you can get some extremely good exposure.
Many people ask me "What is the difference between Google AdWords & Google Adsense?
- Google AdWords is when YOU place your advert with Google AdWords and they find suitable websites to display your advert on. You give them say R1000 budget and your advert could be worth R0.40c per click. So when people have clicked on your advert 2500 times, your budget will be considered depleted and you will have a choice to top up or not.
- Google AdSense is when you offer advertising space (AdWords) on your website, so that Google can advertise content related adverts on your website. When people click on those adverts, you earn R0.10c or R10.00 (a percentage) per click, depending on the value of the placed advert. There is no 1 advert that has the same value as another, because advertisers bid for the value of their AdWord adverts. The more money you are prepared to pay for a display the more your AdWord advert will be displayed or the higher your advert will be ranked in Google Search.
If you have a NPO and your website has quality and quantity content, then you stand a good chance of getting this AdWords Free Advertising Grant approved.
Is your nonprofit eligible for Google Ad Grants?
To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants program, organisations must:
- Hold current and valid charity status, as determined by your country; please see your country’s charity status definition below.
- Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certifications regarding non-discrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a functioning website with substantial content
Please note that the following organisations are NOT eligible for Google Ad Grants:
- Governmental entities and organisations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organisations are eligible). To learn more about Google's programmes for educational institutions, visit Google for Education.
Definition of charity status in South Africa
Visit the Google for Nonprofits site for charity status eligibility details. https://www.google.co.za/nonprofits/join/
To maintain eligibility in the Google Ad Grants programme:
- Your ads must only link to the ONE nonprofit website domain that was approved in the application.
- You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by logging in monthly and making at least one change to your account every 90 days, based on review of your account performance. Your account is subject to automatic pausing or cancellation without notification should you fail to make any changes in your account for over 90 days.
- Your ads must reflect the mission of the approved nonprofit organisation and your keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit’s programmes and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this programme. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your programme.
Your Google ads cannot link to pages that are primarily links to other websites.
- Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.
- Your website cannot display Google Ad Sense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the programme. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.
To apply go here: https://www.google.co.za/nonprofits/join/
Are you eligible for Google for Non-profits?
Make sure that your organisation meets the following requirements:
- Google is working with TechSoup Global to provide access to Google products and services. To be eligible for the Google for Non-profits programme, organisations must:
- Have a validated account with TechSoup's local partner. (Not currently a member of TechSoup? Register here).
- Be a registered and recognised charity or Non-profit as described here.
- Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certification regarding non-discrimination and donation receipt of use.
- Please note that the following organisations are not eligible for Google for Non-profits:
- Governmental entities and organisations;
- Hospitals and healthcare organisations;
- Schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organisations are eligible). To learn more about Google's programmes for educational institutions, visit Google in Education.
- Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion and are not subject to external review.
All the best with your application and let us know if you get approved!
Another Income Opportunity for Animal NPO's in South Africa.
You might want to consider a further income opportunity for your NPO, or if your grant is not approved, do not be despaired as we have another amazing opportunity for you today. www.PetHealthCare.co.za have teamed up with our pet insurance partner, PawPaw Pet Health Insurance. The only work that is involved from your side is to set it all up and we help you every step of the way. For every policy that we sign up via your website / newsletter or Facebook page, we will give you R100 per signed up policy. Ts & Cs Apply
If you would like to join our Affiliation program or get more information, please contact us for further details of this fantastic added income opportunity.