28 March 2015 ~ Dog owners and supporters of the East Rand SPCA's are invited to take part in the fifth Adventure Dog Walk, taking place at the Boksburg Stadium in Jubilee Road, Boksburg on Saturday 28th March 2015.
This event is in aid of 3 SPCA’s on the East Rand and the hope is to raise much needed funds.
“The event promises to be a lovely late afternoon/early evening outing with family and furries” says organizer Ann Martin. The gates open at 16:00, and the walk starts whenever folks are ready (it is not a race).
- There will be 2 courses of different lengths and activities to ensure that large dogs and small can participate and have fun.
- The longer course requires old clothes to be worn by the Adventurer, as the format will be an adventure in the form of as interesting, yet fun obstacle course. In between, over and under obstacles is not compulsory, so just come out and enjoy the afternoon.
The Adventure Walk is also an opportunity for the SPCA’s to engage with the community, get feedback as well as remind the community of the work that the SPCA’s do for animals in need.
If you don’t have a dog, come along anyway, you can support the event by paying your entry fee and walking the route.
- R30 per person and R10 per dog.
- All participants will go into the draw for a Hound Sleeper dog bed valued at more than R900.
- Pre-registrations will all receive a free “goodie bag”
- Stunning prize for the club with the most members in attendance
The organizers require the following to be adhered to please:
- No bitches in season
- All dogs must be on lead
- No puppies under 3 months
- All vaccinations to be up to date
We hope to have you join us for a Sunset Adventure, walking your dogs in support of the SPCA!
Feedback from a fantasic Fun Walk ...