If your pet is old or suffering from any bone related injuries or degeneration, then magnetic therapy is something you should consider for them. According to Dr Megan Kelly, the reaction of the body to injury, pain or illness is swelling and inflammation producing a low oxygen acid environment. She goes on to say “Magnetic energy is absorbed in the blood due to the iron content contained by haemoglobin. This energy travels through the blood stream causing blood vessels to dilate, increasing blood flow, increasing oxygenation and eliminating toxins thereby restoring the PH levels of the blood cells and tissues.
This balanced environment optimises the functioning of all body organs allowing the body to heal itself”.
Product : Magnetic Pet Pad
Company : Holistic Vet
Category : Pet Accessories
This weekend we are giving away 1 of these magnetic pet pads to a lucky reader!
Competition Entry Rules Apply*
The pet pad can be placed inside your pet’s basket or under its favourite blanket.
- Increasing blood flow thereby improving oxygenation.
- Changes in the migration of Ca² ions facilitating healing of nervous tissue and bone.
- Reducing inflammation and swelling, therefore also relieving the pain associated with these.
The main indication for using totally animal magnetic pet pads are:
- Osteo-arthritis or degenerative joint diseases
- Hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, osteochondrosis
- Ligament and tendon strains / ruptures, e.g. cruciate ligament
- Intervertebral disc disease, etc.
- Old age and debilitation
- Neurological diseases eg Degenerative myelopathy
- Muscle stiffness and tightness
The totally animal magnetic pet pad is designed and endorsed by a veterinarian.
Small : 61cm x 33cm
Medium: 89cm x 52cm
Large : 99cm x 71 cm
Prize: 1 x Magnetic Pet Pad
Question: Post a picture - to our Facebook page - of your dog or cat that you believe could benefit from this pet pad and tell us why they should win –- and stand a chance to win this lovely product worth about R500. Remember to LIKE & SHARE the competition post on Facebook . Remember no SHARE no Entry.
Competition Entry Rules:
- Winner/s will be chosen from the comments in the Facebook post relating to this competition.
- Competition Starts on Friday 5 June and ends at midnight on Monday 8 June 2015. (You have 4 days to enter)
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- One entry per household is allowed.
- Only people residing within the borders of South Africa are allowed to enter.
- People who reside outside the borders of South African may offer to donate their prize to a South African Animal Rescue or Shelter listed here.
- Winners will be announced on this page, as well as on the PetHealthcare Facebook page the following week.
- Winners have *1 week from date of announcement to claim their prize. After this, should they not come forward to claim their prize/s, it will be awarded to the next person/s.
- Winner/s give PetHealthCare permission to post a photo of them or their pet/s enjoying their prize, on our Facebook page and in the monthly Newsletter.
- PetHealthCare and the Sponsor/s reserve the right to choose the winner/s, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Can't wait to see if you are a winner? Buy a Magnetic Pad Today.
Winners to be announced here on Friday 12 June
Congratulations to Robyn Clements & her 15 year old Candy for winning the Magnetic Pet Pad from Holisticvet.
"All these dogs are so deserving of this prize, however here is my 15 year old cat, Candy. She suffers from severe arthritis in her right hind leg - she is unable to jump up anymore & pulls herself up onto my bed with her front legs. Here she is sprawled on one of the dog beds, in front of the wall heater. She would love a Magnetic Pet Pad which would definately help her, especially for winter." Even though we believe every single entry should have won, we unfortunately could only choose 1 winner. Thank you for entering and hope you keep warm this winter