Pet ownership is not just about taking home an animal for a quick fun moment in your life. Pet ownership is exactly the same commitment than it is to any other member of your family. They feel our emotions and connect with us on the deepest form of love, no human could ever comprehend to understand. We think we do, we try to understand, we hope we understand, but really getting it is what is what many new pet owners fail to comprehend.
This video is about the exact reality of owning a pet, and it is our responsibility to take ownership and be responsible pet parents.
This time of the year is when many think it is a good time to give a pet as a gift, please do your homework first.
- Do you understand the breed?
- Is the new pet parent prepared to take on such a large responsibility?
- Is there enough funding to provide adequate food and shelter?
- Can you afford if the animal falls ill?
- What are your working hours like?
- Is there a family member that is prone to allergies?
- Will your body corporate accept animals. (Never sneak an animal into such an environment, you are heading for a sad ending).
- What will you do when you go on holiday?
- Are you and active person or do you prefer to stay at home? Will this lifestyle suite your new pet?
- Never ever consider exotic animals as pets. It's cruel and uncool.
Be a responsible pet owner - adopt wisely. Pets do not make good gifts.