Facebook for business is like eating chocolate

#Pet #Business owners: Take note!

Having a Facebook page ONLY (and not a website to compliment your Facebook page) is like eating chocolate!!

Why is it bad to only have a Facebook page and NOT have a website when you run a business?

Today we see so many people who live on Facebook. They say the key word: "I dont have time to update a website" Strange, because they all have time to sit and write endless stories and quality content onto Facebook. Let me explain to you what you are doing in short: You are wasting your time.

Now that is the first reason why you don't have time. Is because you are wasting it on a online medium that has a 24 hour life span. You spend hours and hours creating quality posts (and very often junk), but that is your prerogative. You can do what you want, Im just questioning the fact that people always say, they dont have time to have a website, but they sit on Facebook all day. And let me say this again, you sit and create content that has a 2% chance of going viral, but a 98% chance of losing it's impact within 24 hours. This is of course if you have readers that actually browse your page. Because if your fans only scroll their newsfeeds, then your post has a about 30 min lifespan.

 

Anyway, back to why its critical to have a website:

1. Your website is searchable on all search engines. Facebook is searchable if you are on Facebook.

2. When you post something on your website, it stays there. Forever. On Facebook, it is gone almost instantly.

3. You own your website. Facebook owns your Facebook page.

4. Your website can promote your Facebook page with really good applications that link directly to Facebook. But for Facebook to link back to your website, is pretty technical, yet it can be done, but not popular at all.

5. Last but not least. A website gives your business credibility. If you only have a Facebook page, you could be perceived as just another "mom's & pop's shop". It is your choice, of course!

Well, don't get me wrong, I love Facebook as a medium to share, chat and gain immense amount of information from the people and places that interest me, in a moments notice. But do not forget that ALL THE WORK (eh, I mean time!) you put into Facebook is only for the here and now.

Begin everything you do in life, with the end in mind. Do you want your hard work (and time!) to benefit you in the long run, or do you want short term gratification? Its kinda like that chocolate that you are about to eat ;)

#LetsTalkBusiness

PS: if you dont have money for a website, list your business with us today, each listing has its own unique page, that you can use as a web source!

Advertisement

You Might Also be Interested in:

Unleashed Possibilities Dog Training explains the benefits of muzzling your dog in public places "Ba
A Healthy Puppy is a happy family A few tips to help keep your puppy healthy and to ensure those fir
Patient:  Chocolate labrador – 3 yrs old. Joined PawPaw Pet Health Insurance – no pre-existing illne
The biennial Montego Heroic Tails competition is aimed to honour and celebrate a man’s best friend
Winter warming tips for your pets, dieregesondheid, animal health, pet insurance, diere versekering, troeteldierversekering suid afrika, south Africa, Pet Health Care, pet care health, petcarehealth, pethealthcare, ask the vet, dieremaniere, animal behaviour, sick animals, siek diere, honde, katte, cats, dogs, veterinary advice, dog walks, dog events, pet wellness, kitten care health, pet care health insurance, pet insurance health, pet care news, pet health care questions, pet care health claim form, pet c
If its too cold for you,  its too cold for your pets too.  Today we take a look at some of the thin
Explore Montego, Explore the world! It’s time to unwind and relax and plan your next holiday, so wh