Cape Town Tail-waggers get ready for the SPCA PURINA Woefie Wandel!
It’s time to wag those tails, stretch those legs and get ready for the 5th annual SPCA PURINA Woefie Wandel on Sunday 15 March 2015, once again traversing the beautiful vineyards of D’Aria Wine Estate in Durbanville. Join hundreds of dog-lovers and their four-legged friends for a morning’s exercise with some great entertainment for the whole family.
Back by popular demand for this popular family fun day are Cape Town’s funny men, Carl Weber and Dalin Oliver, who will look after the crowd as MC’s, and perhaps have them crawling with laughter over the starting line.
Julian Wenn, SA’s Got Talent Semi-Finalist for 2013, will also provide walkers with a little “wentertainment” before the walk begins.
Included in the day are lots of competitions – for both two- and four-legged participants – from
- wine tasting, to
- dog-food tasting,
- to a treasure hunt for the young ones, and
- the ever-popular dog agility showcase.
Event sponsors, PURINA have raised the bar this year with some wonderful prizes and giveaways for those attending on the day. Anyone who donates a PURINA food product to the CoGH SPCA on the day, can stand a chance of winning one of 20 PURINA hampers worth R500.00 each.
There will also be the usual food and beverage stalls, offering walkers plenty of scrumptious variety to satisfy the taste buds.
Please take note:
- Being an off-road country walk, the SPCA urges all entrants to wear proper walking shoes suitable for walking on dirt roads.
- “We also want to caution owners of short-nose breeds (i.e. bulldogs and pugs) and those with older dogs with joint problems, to consult their veterinarian before committing to take part in the walk.
- Puppies under four months are not permitted to take part.
- Owners of large breed dogs 18 months or younger, should also consider walking a shorter distance which will be indicated along the route , as extended walking can put undue pressure on delicate skeletal structures and muscles and can impact their growth plates and affect joint development”, said CoGH SPCA Events Coordinator, Juan August.
Water and cool-off points for both dogs and owners will be available along the routes. SPCA Inspectors and Animal Welfare Assistants will be on hand to ensure human and canine walkers are kept safe along the routes.
How to enter:
- Enter online at Webtickets.co.za
- or SPCA Cape Town at http://www.spca-ct.co.za/event.asp before 13 March for a discounted fee of R40 per adult and R30 per dog (or R45 per adult and R35 per dog on the day).
- Entry forms are also available at the CoGH SPCA vet shops in Plumstead and Grassy Park. Children in prams enter free of charge. Goodie bags are guaranteed for those who enter before 17h00 on 13 March 2015.
- You can also Download your Entry Form
Registration on the day opens at 07h00 and the walk will begin at 08h30 and 09h00 in staggered starts.
For more information contact the SPCA on 021 700 4141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.